Friday, June 20, 2014

"Something about him reminds me of Joe Magrane"

Is that Rickey Horton with the awesome comparison between hard throng Kevin Seigrist and the soft tossing Joe Magrane?




There are so many things wrong there, but it is a little too early in the morning.  

Siegrist is one of the many young hard throwing arms on the Cardinals pitching staff.  Like Magrane was throughout his career, Siegrist is currently on the disabled list.  Hopefully it will not be as bad as Magrane.  

Did you know that Joe Magrane had a certified autographed card?  It's true, it's in the 1996 Leaf Signature set.  I own one, but do you really want to see that card?  

Did you know that Kevin Siegrist also has one certified autographed card?  It's true, it's in the 2014 Topps Series 2 set.  You get a picture too.....




I dig Siegrist, so hopefully the injury thing is just a short minor set back on his way to being a long-time productive Major Leaguer for the Cardinals.  Also I am hoping that maybe Siegrist would consider signing for another card set.  Although this is a sticker autograph, so I am sure he will appear somewhere else really soon, unlike Joe Magrane.  Although he is on the MLB network, he's obnoxious.  Watch the highlights, mute Magrane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....