Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ramblings on a Computer....

I try to make regular posts on my blog.  I feel like I am pretty reliable with posting something here almost everyday, but this month has been sort of a black cloud.  It started a few weeks back when my trusty IMac started to fritz out.  I had bought my IMac back in 2009 while I was in grad school at NC State.  I was definitely nervous to buy a Mac.  They are more expensive than IBM compatibles and I was not totally familiar with them entering school.  Five years later I can say that I sold on Macs.  I shopped other computers, but I would not buy anything else at this point.

While I was waiting on my new IMac I still had my work computer that I could have used for blogging, but sometimes when you spend your time working with nine and ten year olds things happen to computers.  Last week the power source on my work computer came loose making it impossible to charge.  It was kind of like I had a black cloud following me around.

My IMac finally arrived and it took a day or so to set up and pull files off of my cloud.  My printer/scanner from my previous computer died.  Don't buy a HP.  At long last, I have a computer.  Just in time to type report cards, finish my end of year summative review, and maybe sit down and catch up on baseball cards.



I understand that people still came and read my blog during the past week, despite the fact that the posts I made were typed on a phone and the pictures were snapped with an IPhone or IPad, not scanned.  There were more than a few cards I wish I could go back and scan, but I do not have that much time this week.  Instead, these were my three favorite pick ups of the past week with nice scans.  All belong to Durham Bulls pitcher Mike Montgomery.....










I was so incredibly happy to be able to complete the "rainbow" of Montgomery cards out of the 2014 Pro Debut set, but was not really big on my IPhone photo which squeezed all three cards into one picture.  It will take me a week or two to catch up with all of the cards, but I am excited to be back to blogging and very thankful for the new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....