Friday, October 11, 2024

Entering The Cronezone

It's been a few weeks since I have made a post. I have been enjoying my fall break away from school by doing a few things around the house and taking in the NC State football game last weekend.  


My Wolfpack snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Losing to Wake Forest after leading by 10 at the beginning of the 4th Quarter is not cool. The coaching is less than ideal.  

Baseball cards have been slow too.

No Blake Snell autographs. 

Pumping the brakes on the Rays current young players.

Nobody likes the Cardinals right now.  

I did find an interesting 2023 Topps Chrome Jake Cronenworth card a few days back. Cronenworth was on the Durham Bulls a few years back and came up in the Rays Minor League system before he was traded to the Padres. Here is the front of the card.  


I have grown tired of my scanner, so you are getting a picture.

Notice the authentication sticker on the jersey swatch. I went ahead and ran the numbers on the swatch and came up with a time and date for the jersey that appears on the card.  

The answer is a bit disappointing........


No idea why Jake Cronenworth was wearing a Padres jersey in the middle of January, but I could not find anything when I did some digging on the team's social media pages. No press conferences, no fan fests, nothing.  

Here is the back of the card......


Playing around with scanning apps......

Not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entering The Cronezone

It's been a few weeks since I have made a post. I have been enjoying my fall break away from school by doing a few things around the hou...