Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2012 Topps Triple Threads Dayan Viciedo Jersey/Autograph

Proof that it is not Tigers week on my blog.  The appearance of a Chicago White Sox card.  I picked up this Dayan Viciedo autograph last week on the cheap after spending the better part of a year looking off and on for one of his cards.  He also has an autograph in the 2010 Bowman Chrome set which usually sells for around $20.

2012 Topps Triple Threads Dayan Viciedo Jersey/Autograph



I first saw Viciedo playing for the White Sox AAA team the Charlotte Knights a few years ago.  While the Knights are usually pretty thin in talent I was really impressed with the power that Viciedo displayed in the game by hitting a rare home run to the left-center field of the Durham Bulls ballpark.  That corner of the field is a reasonable 371 feet away from home plate, but also features a 20 foot wall. Viciedo cleared the fence quite easily and has moved up from Charlotte to the middle of the White Sox batting order.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....