Tuesday, February 5, 2013

1998 Donruss Preferred Title Waves Albert Belle

The Donruss Preferred set was a high end product that ran during 1998, 1997 too,  that reminded me a lot of the Fleer Showcase, or Topps Finest,  products of the same era.  High end, glossy cards with several different "tiers" of players that collectors could put together to make a set.  Some of the high end sets from that era focused primarily on the base set and left collectors a little short on the inserts.  However, a few products offered quality beyond the base set, but sometimes at long odds.

1998 Donruss Preferred Title Waves Albert Belle

Odds were never given on the Title Waves cards when the cards were released because the cards are all serial numbered to different amounts.  In the case of my Albert Belle, the card is numbered to 1995 since the card recognizes his American League Home Run title in 1995.  While the exact odds of pulling a Title Waves card was never released, the cards can be in pretty high demand at times depending on the player.  I picked this card up last week in a small trade and have considered adding this insert set as my second set I am trying to complete for the year.  I am currently working on the 1998 Topps Tek set too.  This Albert Belle gives me a total of 23 out of the 30 cards in this set which would leave me with seven to find.  However, after checking a few secondary sites I can only find one of the cards I need to complete the set and it is probably a little bit more than I wish to spend.  I will sleep on it for a few days and consider putting this up to finish.  In the meantime, I am happy to give this sweet Albert Belle card a new home.  
  

  

1 comment:

  1. Love me some 90's inserts. I say go for it. Make it one of those 5 year projects.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....