Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Topps Cut To The Chase Ken Griffey Jr.

I have spent a little bit of time raving about the first series of the 2013 flagship product for the past few weeks and am going to bend your ear for a few more minutes this afternoon.  Again, this product has been one of the best Topps issues in recent memories and there is plenty of good to go around.  One of my favorite inserts in the 2013 Topps set is the die-cut Cut To The Chase Set.



2013 Topps Cut To The Chase Ken Griffey Jr. 

I have not devoted a post to this insert yet, but I did put a scan of the Andrew McCutchen card in my glance post when the 2013 Topps set first dropped.  This insert set reminds me a lot of some of the die-cut cards that Pacific used to put out every year.  Topps, Upper Deck, Pinnalce, Fleer, Panini and all the other card companies that have existed in some form or fashion during my time collecting cards cannot hold a candle to the die cut cards of Pacific.

Topps tried die-cuts back in the mid 90's with their Topps Laser product, but the cards were so complexly cut that they were hard to keep in mint condition.  Topps started working some nice die-cut cards into some of last year's products, but I was really impressed with the Cut To The Chase inserts and will make these my final mission for my 2013 Topps collection.  I am hoping that Topps will continue this insert into the 2nd Series and the Traded/Update set, however no picture is shown in the released photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....