Sunday, February 17, 2013

2013 Topps Cy Young Award Chris Carpenter

I've been working on putting the finishing touches on my 2013 Topps Series 1 collection by picking up a few manufactured pieces.  Topps has really done a great job with this set and I have enjoyed picking up a few patches and Silver Slugger awards during the past week.  Yesterday, I added my third different type of manufactured card from Series I with the addition of a Chris Carpenter Cy Young Award.

2013 Topps Cy Young Award Winner Chris Carpenter



This card is a really sweet find and very well done piece by Topps.  I was surprised at the thickness of this card, which is actually thicker than the Silver Slugger Award cards.  The Cy Young Award on the right hand side of the card is a nice thick metal replica, not plastic.  The best part of all is the fact that the card features Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter.  Topps has not put out a lot of cool Carpenter cards, but I guess he has only really pitched one full season since the company has landed the exclusive licensing rights for Major League Baseball cards.  I have one more Cy Young award card en route and a Silver Slugger to finish out my manufactured pieces for Series 1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...