Wednesday, January 17, 2024

It's Been A Minute, Evan Longoria

I think my audience has turned over during the past decade of writing in this space, but when I originally started writing I had a really healthy collection of Evan Longoria cards. He was the most noteworthy Durham Bulls alumni in the Majors. My Longoria collection was not quite to the level of my current Blake Snell collection, but it was close.  

There are autographs......



Autographed patches. 



Manufactured patches. 


and whole letters off the back of his jersey. 



After getting traded off the Rays, my Evan Longoria collection came to a halt. I have not really touched his cards over the past six or seven years, but decided to go back and fill in a few holes. Nothing I am willing to put in my collecting goals for the year, but here we are with an important early card I missed adding to my collection years ago.  

This is his 2006 Bowman Sterling autograph.......

This used to be a fairly expensive card. There were nicer options at the time that were on-card autographs, so I skipped over this one. Several of the "missing" Longoria cards from my collection are early sticker autographs I did not choose to buy specifically because they were sticker autographs.  I actually like the design of this card and the sticker is farily well-blended for having a white background.  

More Longoria card later.  

4 comments:

  1. When I returned to the hobby sometime in 2008 (maybe late 2007), Longoria was huge in the hobby. He could hit for average... hit for power... and field. He might not be a first ballot hall of famer, but he's had a solid career. Might have to check out his autographs on COMC and pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longoria is a borderline Hall of Famer, definitely worth finding an autograph of him. Over the years, the prices on his cards have come down and they are quite reasonable for the most part.

      Delete
  2. If this was just a sample, your collection of his stuff must be really impressive -- even more so than you're letting on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Longoria collection is not as large as my Blake Snell collection, but there are more high-end cards in there.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....