Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Local Cubbies

I had a co-worker who bought me a blaster box of Topps Heritage High Numbers earlier this week. I do not want to get bogged down in the back story, but I had helped him out during an absence from work.  


My expectations for pulling anything out of retail packs of cards is generally low. Any sort of serial numbered card is great, relic cards are super, and autographs are awesome, although extremely rare.

When I pulled a Heritage Chrome card of Orioles pitcher Yennier Cano I was very happy.  


Later, I ended up with a Heritage Red Autograph of Chicago Cubs first baseman, Matt Mervis.  



Front of the card with the red Mervis signature, and below the back with the serial number out of 74.  


Mervis actually played his college baseball locally at Duke. 


He was a really good player for the Blue Devils.  

An awesome card from a retail box.    

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, any time you pull a red ink auto you've done well. Quite a bonus that it's a player you have something of a connection with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the odds on retail autographs, I probably should have asked for a lottery ticket.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on pulling that auto. The next time I cover a class for a friend... I'm going to request a blaster instead of a Starbucks drink :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you should have that person pick out your boxes more often.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....