Monday, January 8, 2024

Another Manager?

The Durham Bulls are on their third manager in the past three years.  

Durham is a nice place to live and the Bulls are a highly successful team. You'd think that they could hire a manager and get them to stay in place longer than a year. The changes in managers has actually been due to the fact that the Rays keep promoting their Minor League managers up to the Major League coaching staff.  

So, 2024 will see another manager in Durham. Unlike the previous two managers, the new manager Morgan Ensberg played in the Majors and has a slew of baseball cards. However, as a member of the early 2000s Houston Astros teams, I largely avoided collecting any of his cards until recently.  

Last week, I found a copy of his rookie card from 2001 SPX.  


Ichiro and Morgan Ensberg. Does Albert Pujols have a card in this set?   

I believe so.  

I also found a sweet 2005 Zenith autograph.  


It's a sticker autograph, but this is really well blended into the design. The card stock is also very thick. 

All tolled, my two Morgan Ensberg cards cost me roughly $5 on Ebay before shipping. The shipping cost me another $5.  They are sweet cards and will be dabbling more into Morgan Ensberg if he does a good job with the team.  

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I've come across his cards (possibly autographs or maybe memorabilia cards) when I've purchased collections before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he finds success as the Bulls manager... and there isn't a 4th manager mentioned on this blog next year.

      Delete
    2. The Bulls are always pretty competitive. It seems like the Rays always have some guys in Triple A. I'm sure he will do fine.

      Delete
  2. Sticker autographs probably wouldn't have as much of a stigma if they were done like that last card more often.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....