Thursday, January 4, 2024

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 2

We are four days into 2024 and I am already on my second Blake Snell autograph of the new year. I set a goal of reaching 100 Blake Snell autographs this year, and at this rate, I might hit that goal pretty soon.  

Here is a look at my newest Snell signature, which comes from the 2023 Topps Museum Collection product.    



The front of the card is a little busy, but I like the two jersey swatches and signature on the front. Nice action photo as well. It just seems like the design elements and framing around the autograph and jersey pieces is a bit much. 

I also like that the jersey swatches are from two different Padres jerseys. The white and brown pinstriped swatch on the left is obviously from a home jersey. Not sure about the light brown jersey. I feel like the Padres brown jerseys were a darker shade of brown. 

Back of the card.  


CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 

Also a bunch of small print.  


4 comments:

  1. I thought that the brown bit was a piece of wood at first, and was gonna say that it looked awfully dark for a bat sliver. And I don't know if I like it or not, but the design certainly is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bat card of Blake Snell would be wild considering he was in the American League before the universal DH. You peaked my curiosity, so he only has 50 career plate appearances, most with the Padres in 2021. Now, I need to do some digging on whether or not he's ever had a bat card.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Not sure how wide the pinstripes are on their alternate jerseys, but maybe the light brown swatch was taken between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought about the alternate jerseys. You might be right, Fuji.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....