Wednesday, January 31, 2024

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 3

This is the 93rd Blake Snell autograph in my collection. I am closing in on 100 and am really excited about crossing that barrier later in the year. At this point, I am left trying to track down autographs with really low print-runs. Some very unique looking autographs, although they are also more expensive and the bidding can be more competitive on Ebay.  

The newest Blake Snell autograph was not on my radar until I saw it on Ebay.  

Front of the card.......


This is from the 2020 Topps set and is apart of the Commemorative Sleeve Patch insert set. It's not an actual sleeve patch, just a manufactured one with a sticker autograph. It's a nice looking patch, but it's also not really from Snell's jersey. This card also has a sticker autograph that is not very well blended with the rest of the card. I guess the important thing here is that the card is serial numbered to 10, which is why I did not own a copy until now. 

Back of the card.  



We've got the standard "CONGRATULATIONS!" back from Topps. I love the small print. We've got one small print font for the "THE SIGNING OF ALL TOPPS AUTOGRAPH CARDS IS WITNESSED" and a different font for "THE PATCH ON THE FRONT IS NOT REAL".  Topps should have written "CONGRATULATIONS" in an even larger font size.  

5 comments:

  1. Closing in on 100 autographs is amazing! I don't think I own 25 autographs of any single player. I figure Gwynn is the one I have the most pack pulled autos of... and I only have 24.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually... that's a lie. I have 34 Devin Setoguchi autos... and 36 Kurt Suzuki autographs. But still that's not even halfway to 100.

      Delete
    2. Tony Gwynn is a HOFer though, so that's a really impressive number. Blake Snell is probably not getting into the Hall unless he becomes a lot more consistent.

      Delete
  2. I thought for a second that you had accidently posted a patch card instead of an auto, as I missed the signature on my first pass through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's busy with the Rays script behind the signature.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....