Saturday, January 6, 2024

I Have Never Written A Post About Brendan Donovan

Brendan Donovan is one of my favorite current Cardinal players, but I have not written a post about him during the past two years he has been on the roster. Donovan is s a utility player. However, he shows up in the lineup regularly while he is playing everywhere in the field. What is it that Brendan Donovan does so well?  


Donovan's batting average is fine, slugging is decent, but his on-base percentage is excellent. 

He's also signed a lot of cards over the past two years, so it is about time that I picked up one of his cards for my collection. There were several choices that were appealing, but I went with his Stadium Club Chrome rookie card.  

These are sharp cards.  


Stadium Club always has great photography and this card is no different. I really like the green seats contrasted with the red on Donovan's uniform and the fans in the background who are also wearing red.  The seats around home plate in Busch Stadium have been green for almost decades, since the last years of Busch Stadium II, but I do not ever recall seeing them used as part of the background on a baseball card.  

Brendan Donovan should start somewhere, or maybe everywhere, this coming year and I am happy to finally post one of this baseball cards in this space.   

6 comments:

  1. Nice card. Can't go wrong with a Stadium Club on-card autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much to his auto, but a great player regardless. St. Louis fans love his type of player that hustles all the time. Reminds me of Joe McEwing, Bo Hart, or Rex Hudler, but with more talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a winning player. I sure hope he gets a chance to play everyday this year.

      Delete
  3. You've never written a post about him, and I've never even heard of him. Which is worse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's only been on a the Cardinals for a year and half and he's not named Paul Goldschmidt or Nolan Arenado. I could see how someone who is not a Cardinals fan has never heard of him. However, was drafted by the Cardinals, had a bunch of Bowman cards while he was in the Minors, and I just ignored him for a few years. Easily me.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....