Thursday, July 18, 2013

Two More Bowman Inception Rays Autographs

I am working closer and closer to completing my Rays autograph set from Bowman Inception.  This week I was fortunate enough to add two more cool autographs to my set which puts me a Richie Shaffer away from having one autograph from all of the Rays in the set.  I might double back and try to pick up a few of the variations, but the Ascension Relics, which feature a jersey swatch from the players minor league stops, are pretty difficult to find.  I will at least give it a good effort.


2013 Bowman Inception Hak Ju Lee Jersey/Autograph


First up is another autograph of the Rays shortstop of the future Hak Ju Lee.  I have been able to add several Hak Ju Lee cards to my collection this season and am still counting him as a Durham Bull even though he is currently out for the season with torn ligaments in his knee.  Lee started his season by hitting better than .400 for the Bulls before his injuries landed him on the DL.  I am happy to see Topps finally put out a certified autograph of the slick fielding shortstop.


2013 Bowman Inception Felipe Rivero 

A new name for my Rays autograph collection: Felipe Rivero.  Currently, Rivero is pitching in the Florida State League, which is High A, for the Charlotte Stone Crabs.  Rivero is already in his fifth minor league season, but signed as a 16 year old international free agent.  He is only rated as the 17th best prospect in the Rays system, but the hard throwing left-hander made an appearance in last year's Futures Game and is viewed by many scouts as having "stuff", but apparently he needs a little bit of polish.  He actually appeared in both Bowman and Leaf products last year, so there are quite a few of his autographs floating around.  Most are under $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...