Monday, July 1, 2013

Facebook Goodness

The world of Facebook trading has slowing turned into some sort of raffle frenzy which has left me trading other places.  I do not chance on possibly getting a good card, I would much rather just go out and buy or trade for the pieces I want to add to my collection.  Luckily, I ran into one of my favorite Facebook card people a few days back in the way of Ryan Marcus King Dee.  He's one of the best card collectors on Facebook and always has plenty of cool cards for sale or trade.

This week I picked up four cards from Ryan which helped out my collection in several ways.  Let's take a look at the cards that I added:

2008 Topps Triple Threads Justin Ruggiano Autograph/Jersey


I have collected Justin Ruggiano cards for several years.  While Ruggiano is currently playing for the Marlins he spent quite a few years hanging out in the outfield for the Durham Bulls.  Ruggiano was always a pretty good player for the Bulls, but he always seemed to be blocked for one reason or another at the big league level.  Ruggiano left the Rays organization as a minor league free agent at the end of the 2011 season, played briefly in the Astros system, before landing some playing time with the Marlins.  Ruggiano leads the Marlins in almost every major offensive category this season.   While he has moved on to the Marlins, I still spend time searching out his cards and was happy to add another Triple Threads color variation to my collection.


2011 Bowman Platinum USA Baseball Autographs 


Stroman is one of my favorite all-time college players from the ACC.  He was a pitcher for the Duke Blue Devils and also played for the USA Baseball College Team.  Last year he was drafted by the Bue Jays and is currently playing for their AA team in New Hampshire.  Stroman should be a pretty quick riser to the majors and has tons of good, affordable autographed cards.  


2012 Leaf Valiant James Ramsey Autograph 


Ramsey is both a Cardinals draft pick and former ACC player at Florida State.  He was a nice player at FSU, but I think the first round was a bit of a stretch for the outfielder.  Ramsey has done a lot of signing since the draft and is a frequent user of inscriptions which are usually bible verses.  Interestingly, he rarely uses the same one very often.  I already had Romans 8:38, so this is a different (though slight) than the other version of this card that I own.  

20112 Leaf Pete Rose Autograph 


I have already given my two cents on Pete in this space before.  Cool that he signs so much stuff, but he signs so much stuff.  Might have to package a few of these together and see if I can get a non-licensed card of Pete in an Expos uniform.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick ups! I've traded with Ryan in the past, he's a good dude.

    ReplyDelete

45 To Go

I am excited about my latest pick up for the Red Man Tobacco set I am attempting to assemble. As you can imagine, there are quite a few Hall...