Thursday, May 3, 2012

I love the post office.

Some of the trades that are posted on here are trades that are consummated on Facebook.  I understand that people can be a little leery of trading there, but it is generally really safe.  There are some outstanding trade pages and individuals there who love cards and are safe reliable traders.  About a month ago, I made a trade with Bob Cruz, whom I have made several successful trades.  Usually, I flip him some Red Sox cards and he gives me back some Cardinals or Rays and we both walk away really happy.

The day of this particular trade he had posted a beautiful 2011 Topps Tribute Hanley Ramirez jersey/autograph and was in the market for a Josh Hamilton autograph.  Bob agreed to a 2007 Topps Co-Signers Josh Hamilton autograph.  I was out of town the week after the trade, but returned home to find the card wasn't there.  Being an excellent trader, Bob mailed out a few cool Rays and Cardinals cards to make up for the lost cards.  

2012 Topps Heritage Evan Longoria Bat Card

2011 Bowman Sterling Brandon Martin Autograph 


2012 Topps Series Kelly Shoppach 


2012 Topps 1987 Minis David Price and Evan Longoria


2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Minis Bob Gibson and Evan Longoria 


But, the story doesn't end there.  I was really grateful that Bob sent me the cards and happy to have something back in place of my lost mail.  However, today I was completely stunned by my mail.  I've been waiting for a package from Topps all week and was expecting to see it today when I opened my mailbox after work, but instead I saw......




Note the date on the package is April 3rd, 2012.  Exactly one month ago and the package has a tracking number, which the Post Office didn't use or update.  I opened the package and found.....


A big thank you to Bob for a great trade even if it took one month to turn around.  I love the post office.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....