Sunday, May 20, 2012

2012 Bowman Set

I am in the final stages of putting together my 2012 Bowman set.  I've assembled my set by opening one box, several retail packs, and trading and buying several small lots.  Collectors love Bowman and there is always a buzz around the product.  Almost every year there is some noteworthy rookie in the set.  Last year, it was Bryce Harper.  This year, it's Yu Darvish.

Ultimately, I end up with a complete Bowman set every year.  I box it and put it away for safe keeping.  In a few years I either have a great set, or a box of cards.  This year's set features many of the Bowman hallmarks.  Prospects, variations, chrome, and even a few inserts.

 Here are a couple:

2012 Bowman Gold Yu Darvish 

2012 Bowman Blue Josh Bowman 

2012 Bowman International Ben Zobrist

 2012 Bowman International Brad Peacock 

 2012 Bowman Bowmans Best Jurickson Profar

2012 Bowman Bowmans Best Evan Longoria

I am most excited about the autographs in this years set.  The Cardinals have some excellent first time signers in the set.  Oscar Taveras is probably the best, but Carlos Martinez is also an excellent prospect. I've also picked up a Charlie Tilson and have a Matt Adams on the way.  

2012 Bowman Oscar Taveras Autograph

2012 Bowman Carlos Martinez Autograph

2012 Bowman Charlie Tilson Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...