Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Durham Bulls Strikeout

It has been a bad year for the Durham Bulls and a bad year for me collecting the Durham Bulls.  Part of it is simple choice.  Yes, Jeff Salazar is on the roster.  Yes, Jeff Salazar does have an autograph.  No, I do not want to trade for it, buy it, or anything else.  There are many other equally disappointing decisions to be made with the rest of the roster too.  Lance Pendleton, Jim Pudach, Jesus Feliciano.  Yawn.  A few weeks ago I started to try to find cool cards of Bulls players despite the disappointment of the player's name on the front of the card.  I made one post a few weeks ago and the player was traded to the Phillies later that week.

2007 Bowman Chrome Matt Mangini Autograph 

I'll try again.  This week I bought a Matt Mangini autograph from Check Out My Cards for under $2.00.  Mangini is currently the Bulls third baseman who has zero chance of playing third base for the Rays.  However, he is from the Raleigh-Durham area and attended high school about five minutes from my house at Apex High School.  The school also produced Landon Powell.  Maybe the second half of the year will be better for the Bulls, or I will start driving to Zebulon to watch the Carolina Mudcats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....