Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2012 Panini USA Baseball Marco Gonzales Dual Jersey/Autograph

I am not the biggest fan of Panini cards, but I love the USA Baseball sets.  The new 2013 cards have recently come out and I have a few that I have decided to target to add to my collection, but in the meantime I ran across a cool card from the 2012 set last week.  My favorite cards in the set belong to NC State players Trea Turner and Carlos Rodon, but Cardinals first round draft pick Marco Gonzales is a close second.  I saw this card last week and I knew I had to keep an eye on it....


2013 Panini USA Baseball Marco Gonzales Dual Jersey Autograph 

I have kept my eye on Rodon cards like this before, and even though I landed one, they often drift a little bit higher than what I'd really like to pay.  Gonzales has a few autographs out on the market with a recent addition being his 2013 Bowman Draft.  The Bowman Draft Gonzales autographs have been selling for reasonable prices, but he seems to be picking up in popularity.  However, after a few days this card's price did not move very far and I was able to land it for less than $10 shipped.

The card is a little bit odd in that Gonzales is pictured batting.  The Cardinals drafted him as a pitcher, but he was a pretty good hitter during his time at Gonzaga.  I actually had picked up a Gonzales bat card a few months ago which also featured him as a batter.  Happy to add a second Gonzales autograph and hoping to see him in St. Louis sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....