Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Lamest Excuse To Trade A Card Is....

I used to get really annoyed when Tony LaRussa would throw players under the bus and then relagate them to the trade block.  Completely trashes the players value and any leverage that the Cardinals might have with the opposing team.  Colby Rasmus comes to mind, but the Cardinals won the World Series last year with Edwin Jackson starting playoff games.  

In dealing with card collectors I often wonder why certain collectors throw their own cards on the bus in a similar fashion.  I hate the Cubs, but I really enjoy having a Ryne Sandberg autograph as part of my collection.  You would like to trade for it?  Great, I want some good cards back.  

The past several months I have worked a few deals with an old card show acquaintance from St. Louis.  The guy is originally from San Jose, loves his Giants, and cannot stand the Dodgers.  He'll email out a list of cards he's looking to move every few weeks and I am never amazed to see the amount of Dodgers cards on the list.  


Good cards with good values dumped out on the market because they are Dodgers, or connected to the Dodgers.  Anyway, here's the damage this week.  

2011 Topps Triple Threads Matt Kemp BISON

2011 Topps Triple Threads Matt Kemp STATS

5 comments:

  1. wow. that's great stuff to be tossed on the side of the road.
    cool for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His stupidity is you gain! Nice pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first card. Giants fans are not bright or they wouldn't be Giants fans in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interested in 'em if they're available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now if only he hated the Twins as well. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...