Saturday, August 11, 2012

1998 Skybox EX-2001 Ray Lankford Essential Credentials Now

My super collection of Ray Lankford took a big step forward this week with the addition of a 1998 Skybox EX-2001 Ray Lankford Essential Credentials Now.  There are very few Ray Lankford printing plates floating around in the world, so low print parallel cards are the next best thing in my world.  In fact, if Beckett would care to price accurately, they would find that parallel sets such as the Essential Credentials, Circa Rave, and Upper Deck Exclusives cards often draw premium prices.  Even on minor stars such as Ray Lankford.  

1998 Skybox EX-2001 Essential Credentials Now Ray Lankford 22/49


The Essential Credentials cards were featured in all the releases of the Skybox EX sets starting in 1996 and running all the way through 2003.  The print run for each card Essential Credential varies, but they are tough finds and have an attached premium on them after ten plus years on the market.  Every set also features a Now and Future version of the cards.  The 1998 set is my personal favorite.  The cards are everything to love about a set from the 90s.  

I found this card on Ebay about a week ago and probably paid a little bit more than I would have liked to, but I haven't even seen one of these cards in three or four years.  It seemed like a good idea to put one into the collection while one was available and floating around.  It adds to my two other Essential Credential cards of Lankford.  

1998 Skybox EX-2001 Essential Credentials Future Ray Lankford 50/52 

1999 Skybox EX-Century Essential Credentials 38/75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...