Thursday, August 9, 2012

2010 Topps Johnny Mize Bat Card

2010 Topps Peak Performers Johnny Mize Bat Card

I traded for this card last week and was happy to see it arrive in my mailbox this afternoon.  Mize is more noted for his years as a New York Giant, but did have a brief stint early in his career as a Cardinal.  In fact, Mize finished second in the MVP voting twice as a Cardinal during the 1939 and 1940 seasons.  Most importantly, he held the Cardinals single-season home run record from 1940 until 1998.  

The card itself from a Topps base set which is a little bit of a strike against, but I tend to think the vintage players from these sets tend to dry up quicker than the modern players.  For example, a quick search of Ebay shows there are no available copies of this card available at the moment and he same is true of COMC.  Rick Ankiel, Albert Pujols, and other modern Cardinals players in the same relics set have multiple copies available on both sites.  This is my first Mize relic card and I am hoping to add a few more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...