Saturday, August 25, 2012

2012 Topps Finest Matt Moore Autograph/Jersey

I've been working on putting the finishing touches on my Topps Finest set for the year.  The cards this year remind me a lot of some of the 90s Finest products.  Anyway, I have assembled all of the base cards and started look for a good autograph to add to my set.  The checklist isn't really very full in the way of Cardinals and Rays.  The Cardinals autograph is Matt Adams and I already expressed my feelings last week about the price of Adams cards.

Which leads me to the Rays.  The Rays have one autograph in the set which is Matt Moore.  I do believe that this is the 80th Topps set that Matt Moore has signed for this year.  (Sigh) I picked up the Matt Moore card anyway and will add it to the giant stack of Matt Moore autographs I have picked up this year.

2012 Topps Finest Matt Moore Autograph/Jersey

Something to ponder.  After the 2009 season I was very happy to see Major League Baseball reduce the number of card producers down to one team.  The number of products released at the height of the Fleer/Donruss/Topps/Upper Deck haydays was ridiculous.  However, I feel that Topps is getting really lazy with some of the diversity within their sets.  Meaning this.  Take a few minutes to visit Ebay or Check Out My Cards, or your local card shop.  Pick a team.  Any team.  Who has signed for that team for Topps this year?  Guaranteed it is the same three or four players in almost every set.  Every once in awhile it's cool to get an autograph of a player who hasn't signed much in the past.  Just a thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...