Sunday, August 12, 2012

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold Ray Lankford

It has been a great week for the Ray Lankford collection.  After collecting Lankford cards for more than a dozen years, it is rare when you see a new card that you need to add.  I have my favorites and will still get excited when I see a cool Lankford card that I already own, but I am ecstatic when I fill holes in my collection.  This week I have already added a 1998 Fleer EX-2001 Essential Credentials Now card numbered out of 49.  I cannot remember the time I added two new Lankford cards in a week.  It's probably been four or five years.  Anyway, here is the new addition:

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold Ray Lankford /99
The scratches are on the case

This set was only a one year run for Fleer, but it is actually one of my favorite sets from the late 90s.  Fleer Brilliants had no autographs or game used cards, but was simply constructed on a few inserts and variations on the base cards.  There were three primary variations in the set: Brilliant Blues, Brilliant Golds, and 24 Karat Gold.  I am still missing the 24 Karat Gold version, but was happy to add this short-printed card to my collection.  Boxes of the Fleer Brilliants product can be found really cheap if you are looking for a fun and inexpensive box to bust.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....