Saturday, March 10, 2012

2005 Prime Patches Ozzie Smith Jumbo Jacket Card

Pretty sweet pick up today.  I actually had owned, for several years, a Rod Carew version of this card which I pulled back in 2005, but traded it awhile ago.  I've also seen an Eckersley, for the Cardinals, like this too, but never an Ozzie.  Some of the 2005 Donruss/Playoff products had some interesting materials cards they put out at the end of the license in an obvious attempt to liquidate their inventory of baseball materials.  I have a sweet Chad Buck card that has a piece of his glove, shin guards, chest protector, bat, and chest protector.  Chad Buck or not it's still a sweet card.  The Ozzie is a jumbo relic, which makes up for the fact that it is a jacket, and is a high serial number at 222.  I imagine the whole jacket was cut and made into cards.  Go Pack! Go To Hell Carolina!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....