Monday, April 8, 2024

Monday Morning Autograph - Victor Scott II

There are thousands of autographs in my collection, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.  

Today: 2023 Donruss Victor Scott Autograph 



Why Do I Own This Card? 

Panini included Ray Lankford in many of their 2023 baseball products. While I was not delusional enough to think that I could pull a Lankford autograph out of a box of Donruss, I knew that pulling a Lankford base card out of a blaster box was more than realistic.  


I have not pulled a current year Ray Lankford issued card out of a pack of cards since 2002. The local Target stores did not carry packs of Donruss last year, so I had to venture to the Wally World in Morrisville (it's in between Raleigh and Durham) to find a blaster box. I ended up with my Lankford, but also an autograph of Cardinals prospect Victor Scott. The product checklist for 2023 Donruss was really weird to say the least. 

When Did I Get This Card? 

It would have been roughly a year ago.  

Back of The Card 


Victor Scott Highlight 

Victor Scott nearly stole 100 bases in the Minors last year, which is his claim to fame at the moment. However, I have really enjoyed watching him play defense during the first week of the season.  Here is a Victor Scott catch from this past weekend.  


4 comments:

  1. Scott will be a fun player to watch, but he is overmatched right now. Hopefully after some time in Triple A, he will turn things around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with him (until now), but very nice catch.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....