Thursday, April 9, 2015

Collecting the Durham Bulls: Curt Casali

Casali is back with the Bulls to start off the 2015 season after losing out to Bobby Wilson for the Rays backup catching gig.  He spent 30 games in the Majors last year, but only produced a .167/.268.208 line with just 3 doubles and 3 RBIs.  Casali also played 70 games in the Minors last season including 46 games with the Durham Bulls.  He only hit .237/.335/.359 with the Bulls including 13 extra base hits.  I really think it might be a good thing that Casali is spending a little bit more time in the International League this year.

Casali will probably be the starting catcher for the Bulls to start the year, but the catching position is starting to get crowded for the Rays in the upper Minors.  The Bulls are also starting out the year with catcher Luke Maile on the team and highly regarded prospect Justin O'Conner is starting out in Double A with the Montgomery Biscuits.  It will be curious to see how the playing time works out this year with the catchers.

Cardwise Casali only has two cards.  They're both autographed.  The better of the two cards comes from last year's Bowman Platinum set.....



Not a really hard, nor expensive, card to find.  I picked one of these cards up at some point last year, and cannot remember the exact amount of money I paid for the card, but it was really cheap.  There are half of dozen of these cards on Ebay right now for less than $5 and several of them cost less than $3.  His other card is a little trickier.....




because I do not own one.  What is an Onyx Platinum Elite?  I am not sure.  For $2.99 I am tempted, and that may happen one day, if I can maybe get it down to $0.99.  Maybe.  In the meantime, I am stuck with just 50% of the Curt Casali cards out on the market.  Not a terrible feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...