Monday, January 19, 2015

New Redbird Graph

Every January the good people of Baseball America roll out the brand new prospect reports for each of the Major League franchises with a little bit of help from some local writers.  The Cardinals list was written up by Post-Dispatch writer, and baseball card fan, Derrick Goold.  The list included some of the usual suspects like Marco Gonzales, Stephen Piscotty, and Randal Grichuk.




I have tried to add cards of most of the players on this list at some point over the last few years.  Sometimes, like with Cooney and Grichuk, I have been successful.  Others do not have cards, like Magneuris Sierra.  Finally, there are a few that have just slipped through my fingers like Jack Flaherty and Alex Reyes for whatever reasons.  Usually lack of follow through on auctions or trade partners that want to swap out cards of prospects for something pricey or proven in value.

Well, I got my act together last week and finally picked up a copy of an Alex Reyes autograph.  His cards are not too difficult to find, and given his potential ceiling, seem rather inexpensive.  Here's a look at my first Reyes autograph




While I like the stylings of the Topps Heritage Minor League card, I was a little bit disappointed that the card is a sticker autograph.  The scan hid the sticker a little bit, bit this card would be awesome if Reyes had signed the actual card.  While this is a sticker autograph, it appears that the majority of Reyes autographs are actually on-card signatures.  I will get on that right away and will even put a Reyes autograph on my Void List, coming to a side bar tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...