Monday, August 26, 2024

Monday Morning Autograph - Johnny Field

 



Today's Autograph: 2014 Bowman Chrome Johnny Field 

Why Do I Own The Card: I first saw Johnny Field play at USA Baseball while he was a college baseball player at the University of Arizona. I ran into him again a few years later after he was drafted by the Rays and ended up playing with the Durham Bulls. In fact, beyond owning a bunch of Johnny Field baseball cards, I also own a game-used Johnny Field baseball bat.  


It's autographed.  



Back of the Card: 


Johnny Field's Career In A Haiku:

U of A Baseball 
Team USA, Tampa Bay Rays
Real Estate Agent (seriously) 

4 comments:

  1. How did you come to own the bat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A student gave me the bat. Not really a good story, it was a random out-of-the-blue gift with no explanation. I have no idea how they got the bat. All I got was shoulder shrugs when I asked.

      Delete
  2. That's really cool that you own a game-used bat by him. It's even cooler that he had a backup plan to baseball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like people with plans. Mr. Field seems like a smart guy.

      Delete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...