Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Monday Morning Autograph - Tristan Gray

It's not the morning, but the important thing is that I am writing on my blog today.  

It's a Monday (while I am writing this).    

So much to catch up on since I last posted here a few months back.  

My school year ended.  

I went on vacation to Michigan and hung out by a lake.  


My school year started again last week.  

Last weekend, I ate French food.......


and went to see Mama Mia with my wife in Durham.  


A few other things happened in there, but the previous few sentences are a good summary of the past few months. That's a lot of non-baseball card stuff on a baseball card blog.  

On to the card.  


I cannot believe Topps Chrome is $44.99 or something like that at Target.   

No, thank you, Fanatics.  I am buying single cards off of Ebay from other people who spent at least $44.99 to open a few packs of Topps Chrome.  Since the Cardinals stink at the moment, I am working on adding some former Durham Bulls players to the collection. Tristan Gray was on the Bulls for a few years and his autographs hover around $5. Seems like a good reason to add this to the box of Bulls signatures.  

Back of the card.  


Gray is now on the Marlins and has received a whopping 7 at bats this year with the Major League team. He has zero hits and three strikeouts.  

I am still a fan. 

4 comments:

  1. A. Have a great year! I'm headed back into my classroom next week... but the kids don't arrive until the following Monday.

    B. Prices for boxes are getting stupid. I think there is going to be a point where I just stop purchasing new stuff and focus on everything that's already been released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great year too, Fuji! I am already there on new cards, just sticking with singles out of new products and filling holes from old sets.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you posting again :)

    I love me some ABBA, but have never had any desire to see Mama Mia. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to be back, the break was refreshing.

      Mama Mia was alright. Most important, the wife was happy to see it and had a good time.

      Delete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...