Sunday, August 18, 2024

104

This is the 104th Blake Snell autograph in my collection. I crossed 100 while I was gone, maybe there will be a recap post coming at some point in the future. You could also check out my Instagram account where Blake Snell autographs 99-103 are all posted.  

My latest Snell follows my more recent pattern of buying older Snell cards with low serial numbers that I missed the first time around. Many are available on Ebay at much lower prices these days. 

Today, a Snell rookie autographed card from Prime Cuts that is serial numbered out to 25 copies.  

Here is the front of the card.....



That's a really young Blake Snell in the photograph, which is way too small for the front of the card. I know this is an unlicensed card and that Panini could not show Snell in a Rays uniform. Still, the word "PROSPECT" should not be the overwhelming design feature over a photograph of the player.  

In positive news, the card is older and features Snell's full signature. He only signed every letter of his name for a short period of time at the beginning of his career. The signature more than makes up for the fact that this a sticker autograph. 

Back of the card......




The back of the card is better. I like the write up about his decision to play professional baseball over college. There are plenty of high school kids that get drafted into professional baseball who are also committed to play college baseball somewhere. Kind of nice knowing the back story.

 More Snell autographs to come....

4 comments:

  1. Wow. He looks so young on this card. I was listening to a Padres podcast... and they mentioned how cool it would be if he returned to play in San Diego next season. I'm sure it won't happen... but I would not complain if it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear he will end up on the Yankees or Mets and it will be impossible for me to continue collecting his cards. This picture looks like it doubles as a promo photo from his rap video.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUa1oOZ6Vc

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking of trying one of the social media sites again, but don't know which one to go with. Instagram looks like it's more about sharing photos than interacting with others. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagram is just photos and much less drama, for the most part, than places like Facebook and Twitter.

      Delete

High School Kids at Target

I have largely avoided the card aisle at Target during the past six months. There is just nothing there that has sparked my interest this ye...