Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay last week. I was really excited to say the least. 

Here is the front of the card, which is from Panini's high end baseball product.  



Panini Flawless is roughly $1,500 for a box. Can you imagine pulling a $20-$30 autograph of Ray Lankford in a box that costs that much? Thank goodness other people are willing to spend the money to open these boxes and resell their cards on Ebay for a huge loss.  

I'm excited.  

Back of the card.  


There is no write up on the back, only a Certificate of Authenticity. Well, there is a giant "STL" in the middle of the card, which is something different. I actually don't miss the write up that much, but they should have made the Certificate of Authenticity a little larger.  

8 comments:

  1. I agree it is more cost effective to let someone else open this product. I love Lankford, but admit I would be pretty bummed to spend $1,500 and pull his autograph numbered to 25. Even a 1 of 1 is not worth a tenth of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. For $1,500, I would want Mantles and Aarons, but I doubt Panini can deliver with those types of names.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, hard to imagine getting your value back on a $1500 box of unlicensed cards! Maybe the Mantle 1/1 cut signature would be worth that, but I'm having a hard time seeing what else on the checklist would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakers are opening it, so there has to be something to chase in there. Hard to imagine how it adds up to $1,500.

      Delete
  3. $1500 a box? Not trying to throw shade at Lankford... but he should not be on the checklist of this kind of product. Well... at least you didn't have to spend that kind of money to add this card to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be pissed if I spent $1,500 on a box and pulled a $30 autograph of Ray Lankford as one of the hits.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes it's nice when someone else does all of the heavy lifting :)

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....