Saturday, March 9, 2024

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 6

This is the 96th Blake Snell autograph in my collection and the card comes from the 2023 Topps Update set. This was a little too pricy for my tastes a few months ago, but they have come back down to reality. Snell was the Cy Young favorite by the time Topps Update was released and there seemed to be an uptick in his card prices for a time this fall.  Snell's prolonged free agency seems to have returned his card prices to more comfortable and familiar territory.  

Here is the front of the card.  


Pretty standard looking card for a Topps jersey/autograph. It's a decent design that does an above average job of blending the sticker autograph on the front of the card. I like the action shot of Snell pitching.  Looks like a change-up grip. The jersey piece is all white, you can find copies of this card with patch pieces, but this was roughly a $10 card.  Plain, white jersey swatch is just fine.  

Back of the card.  


The back is the standard "Congratulations" message with all the typical small print about representatives and witnesses. The serial number placed at the top, center of the card. Bit of a different location for a serial number for a Topps card. 

Four away from 100.     

6 comments:

  1. Awesome. I hope you get the other four soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading that his card prices are returning to comfortable territory... I decided to look on COMC about adding another one to my collection. I was blown away by the number of his signatures you can get in the $5 to $10 range... some of them on-card. Unfortunately... all of the Padres autos I saw were $20 or more. Maybe when he signs with his next team... those will become more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure he's going to be a cheaper autograph on the Giants, but maybe the price of the Padres autographs will come down a bit.

      Delete
  3. After reaching 100, will you start striving for 200?

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....