Monday, March 25, 2024

Monday Morning Autograph - Eric Davis

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.  

Today: 2015 Stadium Club Autographs Eric Davis 


Why Do I Own This Card?  

Eric Davis is one of the most talented players from the 1980s and 1990s. He was also on the St. Louis Cardinals for a few seasons at the end of his career.  Why wouldn't I want to own one of his autographs? 

I have actually posted other Davis autographs on my blog, just never this autograph.  

When Did I Get This Card?

I pulled this out of a box of Stadium Club towards the end of 2015. It was a nice pull. I took a break from blogging for a few months at the beginning of 2016 and never posted this card.  

Back of the Card 

I love that Stadium Club uses actual card back on their autographs. We get statistics and a nice write-up describing Davis' style of play and one of his career accomplishments.  This is what we deserve on the back of baseball cards.  


The Career of Eric Davis In a Haiku 

Series Champ, Home Runs

Reds, Stolen Bases, Gold Gloves

O's, Cards, Tigers Too  

4 comments:

  1. This guy was a stud! Great looking card. I'm wondering if I have an autograph of him in my collection. If not... I better grab one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a great signature! Definitely a good addition to the collection.

      Delete
  2. That was a good pull from that box. He's a guy that I feel like I should be collecting more actively, but don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's was a great pull for Stadium Club! I feel the same way about him. I know I have a bunch of his cards, feel like I should have more.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....