Tuesday, March 19, 2024

45 To Go

I am excited about my latest pick up for the Red Man Tobacco set I am attempting to assemble. As you can imagine, there are quite a few Hall of Famers on the checklist and are also the more expensive. Last week, I was able to acquire a copy of the Larry Doby card, who is my first Hall of Famer on the American League side of the checklist.  

Here is the front of the card.  



No tab, which is fine.  I am not being picky about the tabs. The surface of the card is clean, but three of the corners are soft with wear.  It's also a baseball card that is more than 70 years old.  Not sure how picky I should be about things like corner wear.  I am going to live with this one for the time being. Really happy with a clean surface.  


The card back is decent shape outside of some red spots. Not sure if that's marker or something else. 

Overall, very happy with my first American League Hall of Famer.  

3 comments:

  1. Great looking card. I don't think I own any vintage Doby cards. If I do add one to the collection... a Red Man would be right up there with his 1956 Topps card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Doby. Probably should have mentioned that in the post. Good feeling to add one of his cards to the collection.

      Delete
  2. This was a pretty big addition. I have one of his Red Men, but can't remember which year off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....