Friday, March 22, 2024

A Little March Madness

My Wolfpack are on quite a run at the moment. The team needed to win their conference tournament to reach the NCAA Tournament. Last week, they won 5 games in 5 days at the ACC Tournament, including wins over Louisville, Syracuse, Virginia, Duke, and North Carolina. It is the school's first ACC title since 1987.  


Last night, NC State played their first game in the first round and defeated Texas Tech to advance to the second round.  They were led by lovable big man, D.J. Burns.  

 


I would love to find some basketball cards of D.J. Burns, but Bowman has not included him in any of their Bowman U./NIL sets. However, the team's shooting guard, D.J. Horne, was included almost all of last year's Bowman U. products while he was playing at Arizona State. I know, two D.J.s on one basketball team. 

Horne is from Cary, North Carolina (outside of Raleigh) and transferred to NC State to be closer to home during his final season in college. 



I bought these cards a few weeks ago, but thought the basketball season was going nowhere and was not even going to bother posting the card. However, the Wolfpack's run has me excited to share a few basketball cards this morning.  

I don't know know too much about the Bowman U. products, so I am mainly just posting pictures here.  


First up is a pink parallel.

I like the guy in the background wearing a rainbow on his head.  

I also like D.J. facial expression. He's one of those basketball players who looks like he has fun while he's playing and Bowman did a good job of capturing that vibe on his basketball card.  

Next. 


A little sad that the guy with the rainbow hat is faded out in the background here.  

The sticker is crooked, but at least I have a D.J. Horne autograph.  


This one is better.  

The sticker is straight.  

Hopefully this run through the ACC Tournament and into the NCAA Tournament can get NC State a few more basketball cards this year. Has the new Bowman U products released? Yes?  I would love to see a DJ Horne card with the Wolfpack, or one of the other contributing members of the team on a basketball card.  

2 comments:

  1. I've got NC State meeting against Marquette in the Sweet 16 round... but picked the latter to win (my dad took classes @ Marquette back in the 50's).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have NC State losing to Marquette too. In fact, I have Marquette in the Final against UConn. I picked UConn to win the game, but wouldn't mind seeing Marquette win the Natty.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....