Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Snorting Bull Awards Newcomer of the Year


Pretty easy choice for this award this year.  I should really come up with some eligibility rule like MLB has with players qualifying for the Rookie of Year.  My choice for this award this year had a few cards in 2014, but not too many.  This year the player had a ton of cards and collectors seemed to love each and every one of them.  Easy choice.....



2015 Newcomer of the Year

Kris Bryant


Bryant spent the first few weeks of the season with the Iowa Cubs, but made a big impact after being called up to the Cubs.  26 home runs, a Rookie of the Year Award, and an NLCS appearance later Bryant is a known commodity to baseball fans across the country.  Bryant was huge in the world of baseball cards too.  I pulled a bunch of Bryant cards this year and would get trade offers galore on all of them.  Even if I was keeping them I would get a "well if you change your mind".... Bryant was huge this year and should be a popular get for collectors for the foreseeable future.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I've heard of that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty good player for your Cubbies Tony Burbs. I think he has a chance to stick around for awhile.

      Delete
  2. It sure is fun to be a Cubs fan these days. I was a little worried about Bryant at first but I love his attitude. Having Joe Maddon at the helm gives me a sense of security when it comes to keeping the players' heads on straight. Can't wait to see what 2016 will bring.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...