Friday, December 25, 2015

2015 Snorting Bull Awards Best Parallel Set


This award was a little bit tougher for me this year.  The two previous winners were slam dunks in my opinion.  I really didn't have to think about either choice.  This year, I wouldn't say that the field was weak, but I felt like I didn't have a favorite that really stood out from the rest of the parallel sets.  So, after spending an afternoon flipping back through my 2015 cards I narrowed my three of four possibilities down to one winner.....


2015 Best Parallel Set

Topps Allen & Ginter Red Minis


I really enjoyed these minis out of Ginter this year.  I like the minis in Ginter every year, but the red parallels really stood out for me.  I pulled a bunch of them in my small pack when I opened up one of of my boxes earlier this summer, but went through and added several different Cardinals and Rays cards over the summer.  In years past, Topps has put a black border around some of the minis.  Always liked the look, but the red design around the edges popped for me this year.  Is it because I really really like the color red?  Probably, but they are still cool cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....