Monday, March 9, 2015

Number 997.....

It's a dreary Monday and I am not feeling too terrific today, so I am going to give you a short, simple, and sweet post for your reading enjoyment.  This offseason I added several players to "People Whom I Collect List" and now that the season has started I cannot let you, my loyal readers down, with a poor effort on players I might have introduced you too during the long off season.

Here's a player I hope to see in Durham towards the end of the summer.  Last year Johnny Field took home the Rays Minor League Player of the Year and managed to hit an even .300 with a .376 OBP, and .488 slugging at two stops in Low A and High A.  I am guessing he's going to spend the whole season with Double A Montgomery, but I can be optimistic right?  On to the baseball cards....

I have already picked up a bunch of the Johnny Field cards out of last year's Bowman Draft product and some of his USA Baseball autographs from Panini, so my card today is going to have to tide you over until Topps, Leaf, or Panini decides to make a 2015 Johnny Field card.....



This Field card comes from the unlicensed 2013 Donruss Elite product and features him wearing his college uniform with the Arizona Wildcats logos airbrushed off.  Not the most attractive card, and at 725 copies not the hardest to find, but if you're going to collect a player even these types of cards are nice to add to the collection.  This would actually be a cool card if Donruss had left the college logos on the uniforms, like they did in the Donruss Elite sets from 2007-2010.  I guess after 2010 they became more unlicensed than they previously were......

closer to 1000......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...