Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Acetate Bulls

I started my Snorting Bull Awards for the 2014 cards the other day handing out my first bull statute to the Topps Acetate cards for being the best set of parallel cards made this year.  I have added a few over the year, but there are still a few more of them on my wish list.  The Cardinals acetate cards seem a little bit outrageous in price and probably out of reach.  The Rays cards, by contrast, are much more affordable and feature some of my favorite Durham Bulls players.  I have had my eye on this one for a long time........





Beckham was the former number one draft pick of the Rays and has been in Durham the past few years.  He is one of my favorite Bulls players to watch and I missed seeing him play most of this last year while he was on the DL with a torn ACL.  Beckham is on the team's 40 man roster and should compete for a roster spot with the rebuilding Rays.  If it does not work out, I will be alright with watch a few more games with Beckham roaming the infield in Durham.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....