Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cubbie Up!


I was a little disappointed that I did not get to see Arismendy Alcantara at last year's Triple A All-Star game.  The Cubs infielder had been trending upwards for all of the 2014 season.  Well, could we just say that Arismendy has been trending up for the last three or four years?  He's got some pretty good minor league numbers and he's one of those players who's a blast to watch.  He hits, he runs, he fields.  He kind of does it all.  Again, all of his numbers are trending upwards too......


Check out those slugging and on-base percentage numbers.  Pretty good increase.  Alcantara ended up missing the All-Star Game in Durham this year because he was promoted up to the Cubs.  That's a pretty good reason to miss the Triple A All-Star Game.  The initial results for the versatile player were slightly disappointing.  I do not drink the Kool-Aid on all of the Cubs prospects headed towards the Majors, but I still really like Arismendy and think there will be a good bounce back this season.  If you have not checked him out during a game, this was my favorite highlight of his from last year.  Three hits, a double, single, and triple, and four RBIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....