Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pujols Rookie Cup

I am a pretty big fan of the Rookie Cup manu cards that Topps put out in the 2014 series 1 release.  I have already picked up a copy of the Ozzie Smith and have been waiting patiently to find a copy of the Albert Pujols.  The card had been selling for $30-$40 when the Topps set first dropped earlier in the year, but the price of the card has been slowly falling for the past couple of months.  The copy I found finally target is numbered 99/99 and looks fabulous....


Honestly, it's also nice to see a card with Albert back in a Cardinals uniform.  Don't get me wrong, I still think the team made the right decision in letting him walk the amount of money the Angels ended up paying him, but the decade he played for the Cardinals was still awesome.  Really happy with the latest card added to my collection, now I just need to track down a copy of the Longoria.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....