Monday, August 19, 2013

The Box I Got vs. The Box I Want Part 2

This weekend I started a set of posts on my 2013 Ginter box I bought last week and how I am reshaping my hit cards to better fit my collection.  During my last post I focused on my box topper, which was a Josh Hamilton, but I turned it into a Miguel Cabrera.  My relic cards will be the subject of today's post which I will say might have made some really happy.  I was not so happy, but I cashed in on a really good pair of relics and landed four cards that better fit my collection.

So, here are my two relic cards:

2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Nick Saban Used Shirt? 


2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Nelson Cruz Jersey


Nelson Cruz is just kind meh, but I know a lot of people that would have been hoping up and down if they had pulled that Saban shirt card.  Honestly, I do watch college football, but it's somewhere down on the list behind baseball and college basketball.  I do follow and watch NC State and Mizzou I would not say I am a die hard fan.  I can watch any baseball game and be pretty happy, not so much with football.

Saban once stepped over a player have a seizure to go sit in his office.  Saban gave his quarterback a spanking once on national television.  From the perspective of a casual fan he seems like a bit of an asshole.  I do not care if the guy wins, he's like college football's version of John Calipari.  Although, I am not sure that Calipari ever looked like this....




So, obviously the Saban card was getting shipped out, but I just was not sure what kind of haul I could get for that card.  I have known a Bama fan or two and know they can be a little bit over the top, so I was patient, and played my cards well and cashed out Little Nicky for a pretty good haul.


2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Paul Goldschmidt Autograph


2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Chris Archer Autograph


Not a bad thing ever to dump a relic card for two autographs.  I was especially happy with the Goldschmidt autograph.  He's have a great season and I feel like his cards are probably underrepresented in my collection.  The Archer is self explanatory: Durham Bulls, Raleigh native, and Rays.  Goodbye Saban.

Which left me with the Nelson Cruz.  I decided to package the Cruz jersey together with a couple of other Rangers relics and traded them to a Rangers fan who had pulled two Cardinals relics of Matt Holliday and Adam Wainwright.

2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Adam Wainwright Jersey


2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Matt Holliday Jersey


Both cards are welcome additions to the collection and got me started on putting together my Cardinals team set from the Allen & Ginter set.  Overall, I was happy with my two trades.  I started out with two relic cards, one average and one above average, and walked away with a pair of autographs and a pair of jersey cards from the Cardinals.  More Ginter later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...