Monday, May 5, 2014

Big Blue Yadi

I am extremely happy with the cards I have been able to track down from this year's 2014 Topps Museum set.  I have been able to add several very nice Rays and Cardinals autographs and relics.  I had a pair of cards left on my wish list.  I've been eager to get my hands on a copy of the Yadier Molina Museum Jumbo relic and managed to track one down last week on Ebay.  Strangely, the relic on the copy of this card is pretty unique. 



The Cardinals do not wear blue alternate jersey, nor do they have blue batting practice jerseys.  This swatch is likely from a special event wear Molina was wearing a dark blue jersey.  After a few minutes of research this jersey swatch most likely came from Molina's appearance at the 2010 All-Star game in Anaheim.  Looks like a pretty good fit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...