Thursday, December 28, 2023

2024 Goals

I did not make any goals for 2023, so I am just going to review a few of my postives from this past year and then make a few collecting goals for the new year. 

1. Blake Snell Autographs 


I added 15 new Blake Snell autographs to my collection in 2023, which has brought total up to almost 90. I have had better years in terms of quantity, but I was happy with 15 given there were several months where I did not add any new Snell autographs and I also so few new Snell autographs to add to the collection that I am looping back to find cards that I missed in previous years. 

There will be a Blake Snell goal for 2024, but it will be more than just autographs.  

2. Around the Card Room 

I have spent time sharing stories about items in my collection that are displayed in my baseball card room. From bats to bobbleheads to autographed baseballs, there is a ton of stuff in my collection and so many of the items have really good stories. 


My story about the Stan Musial autographed baseball was the most read post on my blog during the past year.  I will continue to write about the items in my baseball card room in 2024, but I am not sure if I have another 15 items with a good story. Some of the bobbleheads are just bobbleheads........


3. New Ray Lankford Cards 

This was the best surprise of the year. There has not been a new Ray Lankford card made in more than a decade, so I was not expecting to see anything new from my favorite 1990s Cardinals player.  In all, Panini made a total of 4 serial numbered Ray Lankford autographs this year and I was able to find a copy of all 4 cards.  


That brings me to my goals for 2024.........

1. More Blake Snell Inserts. 

Once upon a time, I was much better about collecting Blake Snell insert and serial numbered cards. At some point, I blame the COVID pandemic, I stopped collecting his inserts and only worked on autographs. It's really a shame, because he has some nice looking insert cards out that I have added to my collection......


With the autographs of Blake Snell drying up, I need to go back to collecting his inserts. I am going to avoid putting an exact quantity on it, but I should be able to top my previous autograph totals, which peaked at 30 cards a few years back.  

2. 100 Blake Snell Autographs 

I am right around 90 Blake Snell autographs at the moment, so with a decent 2024 I should be able to cross 100. This was my first Blake Snell autograph from more than a decade ago.  

Snell is currently a free agent, so I am a little nervous about where he signs for next season. Could I still be a die-hard Blake Snell collector if he was on the Yankees or Cubs? Not sure. Right now, there are a lot of rumors about him signing with the Giants, which means I would continue my collection. Regardless, there are 10 Blake Snell autographs I can add to my collection from his time with the Rays and Padres that will get me to the 100 mark.  

3. The 1952 Red Man Tobacco Set 

A few years ago, I put together a 1964 Topps Giants set. It was so much fun putting together a vintage set and have decided to take on another project with older cards.  I already have a few of the Cardianls cards from the set, included the Musial, so I have a place to start. I will make a post about these cards and this project at some point in early January.  


That's it for my 2024 collecting goals. I am sure these will keep me busy. What are your collecting goals for 2024?  

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your 2024 hobby goals! It'll be fun watching your progress on that 1952 Red Man set build. A fellow blogger recently sent one to me for my A's PC (it'll be featured in a post soon). It's a great looking set. In fact, I enjoy all of those 50's Red Man cards. I don't really have any specific collecting goals, but I do want to publish more posts next year and finish up some sets that are cluttering my desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading your posts this year and am dropping a package in the mail for you tomorrow morning. Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy the card room series, so it's nice to know that it'll be continuing. And I've got a few questions about your Red Man build, but I'll wait until that post to if they're answered; that way you won't have to possibly say the same thing twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love talking about the card room, I am glad that someone enjoys reading about it. Red Man post will be up next week.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....