Saturday, December 16, 2023

Blake Snell Pink Card Count: 1

I am starting to run out of "normal" Blake Snell autographs to collect. Normal meaning that the card is not serial serial numbered to 5 or costs $300 on Ebay, because it has some crazy patch piece. If you collect a player, it's one of the worst feelings. I have been there before with my Ray Lankford collection. However, there are other places I can go with my Blake Snell cards, especially when I consider how I have not really done anything to collect his base or relic cards.  

I am likely going to spend a good chunk of time working on Snell's base cards in 2024 and will be posting that as one of my collection/blog goals for the new year in the coming weeks. I will dabble with relic cards, but the majority just don't really do anything for me as a collector.  

There are a few exceptions and I found one earlier this week on Ebay.  

A pink Blake Snell card.  


The card is not actually pink, it's the green parallel from the uber expensive Topps Definitive product. This is one of those three hundred dollar boxes of cards where you get two autographs, two relics, and a parallel card.  This green relic parallel is numbered to 15 copies. Someone pulled this card and was probably really pissed off they only got a $20 card out of the pack. The large pink object on the card is actually a patch piece from a Padres jersey.  

I know, the Padres wear brown, but their Nike City Connect jerseys are pink, teal, and yellow. Here is a photo of Blake Snell pitching in one of these uniforms.  


The pink piece on the card is a patch piece, so it's from the word "SAN DIEGO" on the front of the uniform, as the pink sleeves are just pink fabric. 

If this had been some piece of white or gray jersey, there is zero chance that I buy this card. I just could not pass up a pink jersey swatch with a low serial number. This is a unique card that will look great in my Blake Snell collection.  

Back of the card.  


The standard back. Nothing too interesting.  

Overall, a great looking card.  

3 comments:

  1. I can't help with any low #'d autographs, but I should have some dupes of his Padres base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any help would be appreciated! I think your Snell collection is going to take a step forward in the next few days.

      Delete
  2. I would have to think that he has bazillion inserts and parallels out there for you to chase too. That is, if you're so inclined, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....