Thursday, November 16, 2023

Baby T

College basketball season is upon us. 

It is the happiest time of the year in North Carolina. 

Since all the team's are dependent upon transfers, I am not sure who is going to be good or not. There are current NC State players who appeared in Bowman U. last year with other teams. I had thought about adding a few of those cards, but I find it hard to collect players I have not watched in-person. Maybe later this year I will get to a few games and feel inclined to buy a few cards. 

In the meantime, Panini is catching up with the players who were in college last year, as they have included cards of former NC State player Terquavion Smith in their Prism product. Terquavion, or Baby T, is part of a decade long tradition at NC State of having one player score a bazillion points per game while the remaining players are all role players. Not quite true of last year's roster, but also not far from the truth.  

Baby T is now a shooting guard on the Sixers, but in Panini Prism he is still a member of the Wolfpack.  



Terquavion has a decent autograph. I had seen it several places prior to picking up this card, so I knew he was going to shorten his name when he finally got a basketball card. The design of the card itself seems rather textbook for Panini. Their designs all seem to run together and look very similar.  

Here is a second Baby T autograph I picked up. Both cards cost me less than $5.  


I like the picture on this second card a little better, but the design comments ring true for this card too. 

We shall see what Terquavion does in the NBA. He's an exciting player.  

1 comment:

  1. I can't say that I've ever heard of anyone named Terquavion before.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....