Monday, May 13, 2019

A 1980s Card Part 1- 1986 Topps Vince Coleman



I am out of 1990s Cardinals players that I am interested in writing about.  On to the 1980s.  

My favorite 1980s Cardinals card has to be the first post.  The first full year that I lived in St. Louis was 1985.  Vince Coleman stole 100 some bases that season.  Yes, there is a 1985 Topps Traded card of Vince, but I did not own that card until I was an adult.  The 1986 Topps card was the first card of Coleman that I actually had a chance to own.  Every week during the summer, two packs of cards from the Manchester Dierbergs.  



The store has been remodeled at least ten times since I was kid, probably too conservative an estimate, but this cool brown and orange sign is supposedly still out in front of the shopping center.  I spent a summer pushing in carts at this store.

At some point during the summer of 1986 I finally pulled a copy of the card.  I don't remember the exact moment, but I am sure that I was excited.

Something else I love from 1986:  Ferris Bueller's Day Off



2 comments:

  1. Awesome card and movie! I feel like I need a day off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to never miss school when I was younger. In the last five years I have started doing some mental health days. 6 weeks left of school, I am using one this quarter.

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...