Saturday, November 4, 2023

Around The Card Room, Take 11

I recently had someone ask on a social media account about the non-baseball items in my baseball card room. The question arose after my previous post, which featured a Mark Whiten bobblehead with a Sophie Cunningham bobblehead in the background.  

This was the photo.  



So, the answer is obviously. Yes, I have non-baseball items in the baseball card room, but they are limited in quantity.  

I will cover an item today, but I am going to limit the story. I met this person through work, which if you read regularly, you know what I do for a living. Somedays working with kids is tough. Do your own research.  

This is a puck autographed by Hockey Hall of Fame center Pierre Turgeon.  



Turgeon scored 500 goals and had more than 1,300 career points.  For my baseball audience, that's like saying he had 500 home runs and 3,000 hits. He was a very good player for my Blues, along with the Sabres, Islanders, Canadians, Stars, and Avalanche. 

Many hockey die-hards remember him for not joining in a fight against a bunch of Russians while he was a teenager, or being hit and dislocating his shoulder after scoring the deciding goal in a playoff series. However, I choose to remember Pierre Turgeon as a skilled hockey player and nice person.  



I also have a few Pierre Turgeon autographed hockey cards, but I only collect them if he is pictured as a member of the Blues. However, the majority of his autographs seem to be with the Sabres and Canadians.  

Here is one nice Upper Deck autograph from roughly five years ago.  


I also have one from the late 1990s or early 2000s.  



If I knew more about hockey cards, I would tell you something about this card. 

That's my post for today.  

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked the way signed pucks look. If I were a hockey guy, I have no doubt that those would be a big part of my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....