Tuesday, November 21, 2023

2023 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 14

I picked up another Blake Snell autograph with a low serial number from a previous year. This time a card from 2020 out of the Panini Optic set. I believe this is one of their more high-end products, or it at least has some higher end finishes than the average Panini card.  

Here is the front of the card complete with the logos airbrushed off the card.



The card has a glossy finish and also an on-card autograph. The on-card autograph was a big selling point for this card. Snell has a handful of Panini autographs and almost all of them are sticker autographs. It's one of the biggest reasons there is not a Panini Blake Snell autograph on here every week. 

The border design has some a good nostalgia factor with a similar appearance as the 1986 Donruss set.  

Back of the card........


I like the gold and black color scheme on the back of the card.  The write-up is okay, mainly just highlights from his first two starts from the 2019 season. We've got the Panini autograph guarantee in small print and also the serial number, which is out of 15.  

4 comments:

  1. Hope his autographs stay affordable... now that he's a 2x Cy Young Award winner. Now if only he'd resign with the Padres. #fingerscrossed

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt Snell resigns with the Padres, but I am worried he will sign with some time I cannot support. Not sure I can continue my Blake Snell collection if he's on the Dodgers or Cubs.

      Delete
  2. It's funny, I thought of you first the other day when I saw the headline about him winning the Cy Young. Must be a Pavlovian thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone at work told me the same thing, only they congratulated me as if I somehow helped him win the award.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....